Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site as well as all transactions conducted through the site.
We keep your personal information private and secure. When you make a purchase from our site, you provide your name, email address, credit card information, address, phone number, and a password. We use this information to process your orders, to keep you updated on your orders and to personalize your shopping experience. Our secure servers protect your information using advanced encryption techniques and firewall technology.
To keep you informed about our latest offers, we may notify you of current promotions, specials and new additions to the Rick's Coral & Aquatics site. You may unsubscribe from our newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive from us.
We use "cookies" to keep track of your current shopping session to personalize your experience and so that you may retrieve your shopping cart at any time.
PRIVACY ON OTHER WEB SITES
ORDER ACCEPTANCE POLICY
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Rick's Coral & Aquatics reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason or to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item.
We accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express at our Retail Store. Please use PayPal for online purchases at this time. There is no surcharge for using your credit card to make purchases. Please be sure to provide your exact billing address and telephone number (i.e. the address and phone number your credit card bank has on file for you). Incorrect information will cause a delay in processing your order. Your credit card will be billed immediately.
Shipping Time -- Orders are shipped in the order they are received, unless a specific day is specified. Orders are not processed or shipped on Saturday or Sunday. Orders are shipped Tuesday thru Thursday- for following day arrival.
We encourage you to order in a timely fashion to avoid delays caused by shipping or product availability. You will receive a tracking number when your shipment leaves our facility.
OUT OF STOCK
Occasionally a product will not be in stock through our automated inventory system. We will ship your order if 75% of the retail value of the shipment is available to ship. We will attempt to contact you regarding your shipment if there is an issue, but we will make a judgment call on whether to ship the order or not if we do not hear from you before 3 pm on the day of shipment.
MULTIPLE PRODUCT ORDERS
If you place orders from multiple categories, they will be shipped separately. Marine Life , Live Rock, and Equipment and Supplies are all shipped separately via different shipping methods. If you place multiple orders within the same category, we will attempt to combine orders. This may not always be possible.
Our Store shall automatically charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders to be delivered to addresses within Ohio. For orders shipped to other states, you are solely responsible for all sales taxes or other taxes.
Due to the nature of the live animals that we sell, we cannot accept returns for any reason. Please contact us, or the manufacturer directly, if any Equipment and Supplies merchandise is defective.
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Our Store shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Our Store shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled. Our Store shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that we're not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE
Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Rick's Coral & Aquatics., Copyright © 2016, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of shopping on this site or placing an order on this site and for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
These Conditions will supersede any terms and/or conditions you include with any purchase order, regardless of whether Rick's Coral & Aquatics signs them or not. We reserve the right to make changes to this site and these Conditions at any time.
Live Arrival is Guaranteed on Shipped Livestock
Your satisfaction is our number one priority. We pride ourselves in providing the healthiest corals prior to shipment however, if you receive a coral that is dead (DOA). DO NOT THROW AWAY THE DAMAGED/DEAD CORAL UNTIL INSTRUCTED BY US. Doing so may void your claim entirely. You must do the following, there are no exceptions:
1. Call us within 2 hours of delivery, 740-370-0135, leave message if no answer
2. Send clear photo of dead item within 2 hours of delivery
Delivery time is determined by time stamp by UPS, USPS or FedEx .
Send photos to: email@example.com
Buyer to pay for shipping of any replacement corals or refund will be given for that coral minus the shipping. If there is only partial loss- you may receive only partial credit. Any claims made past the allotted time are null and void.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY. TO GET CREDIT YOU MUST EMAIL A CLEAR PHOTO AND CONTACT US WITHIN 2 HOURS OF DELIVERY
Customer must follow the Acclimation Guide even if the animal(s) appear to be dead
Once Acclimated place in Quarantine Tank that has matching parameters to your aquarium.
Livestock must be placed in an aquarium with compatible species . Choose livestock carefully, because animals which exhibit signs of stress, physical abuse or damage due to harassment will not be covered.
Tank's water chemistry must be within the following parameters:
Temperature: between 75-80 degrees F and constant
pH: 8.1 - 8.3
Specific Gravity: 1.020 - 1.025
Ammonia: 0.0 ppm
Nitrite: 0.0 ppm
Nitrate: 0.0 - 20 ppm
EXCEPTIONS THAT VOID GUARANTEE
1. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE HANDLING AND DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDED BY SHIPPING COMPANIES SUCH AS UPS, USPS OR FEDEX.
2. WE DO NOT OFFER ANY GUARANTEE ON LOSSES DUE TO SHIPPING COMPANY ERRORS OR WEATHER DELAYS as these are strictly beyond our control. We make every effort to check for potential weather problems on the day your shipment is scheduled to go out, but the actual weather is beyond our control. It is ultimately your responsibility to inform us of inclement weather or extreme temps that necessitate a change in ship date. Should you fail to notify us, or choose to ship in spite of a recommendation from us to reschedule due to potential weather problems, our guarantee will be void on your shipment. We generally do not recommend shipping if the projected overnight temperatures in your area will be in the single digits or lower, or when there is a strong possibility of significant snow or ice that may cause delivery delays.
3. We do not guarantee an exact color match to the photos posted on our site. We do everything possible to get the photos to look exactly like the corals and clams as they appear in our systems, but with digital technology and the vast array of lighting in different tanks it is impossible to guarantee an exact match. Most of our livestock is sold with WYSIWYG photos - What You See Is What You Get. This means that the item photographed is the item that will be sent to you and represents the item as it appeared in our systems as accurately as possible at the time the photo was taken. Corals do grow and colors can shift over time so again, we are not able to offer an exact color match in your system even with WYSIWYG photos.
4. You must accept delivery on the first attempt by the delivery company and acclimate all livestock into your tank within 2 hours of delivery. We do not offer any guarantee on livestock that has not been accepted on the first delivery attempt and that has been sitting in the box longer than 2 hours after delivery. If livestock is delivered to another location than where your tank is located we will not guarantee any losses due to the animals sitting in the box longer than 2 hours beyond delivery. In the event that you have your order shipped to a Hold facility to pick up, delivery time is considered to be the time the box was first made available at the pickup location and boxes must be picked up both within 2 hours of delivery time AND before 12 noon for our guarantee to remain in effect. Choosing to ship to a Hold location that does not offer AM pickup times will void our guarantee.
5. WE DO NOT OFFER ANY GUARANTEE IF YOU PROVIDE US WITH AN INCORRECT ADDRESS.
6. All Packages are to be delivered to your Address that you have provided, we do not ship to a hold location.
7. If you are issued a credit for a loss you have the following options: Replacement, Store Credit or Refund. Replacements and store credits expire six months from date of issue. We will only ship replacements/credits one time. In the unlikely event of a problem with reshipped items, we are not able to offer replacement or credit a second time. Shipping is charged on all orders including replacements.
We reserve the right to decline a sale for any reason. We reserve the right to refuse to ship to anyone for any reason and we reserve the right to not do business with anyone for any reason.
WE DO NOT OFFER ANY GUARANTEE FOR ITEMS PURCHASED AT OUR STORE OR AT FRAG SWAPS BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXAMINE ALL STOCK IN PERSON AT THOSE LOCATIONS AND WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR HOW LIVESTOCK IS HANDLED AFTER IT LEAVES OUR TANKS.
Any warranty issues must be dealt with the manufacturer directly. We do not do repairs or warranty work. We do not accept returned dry goods that have been opened and used unless there is a manufacturer defect. In that case you will be directed to the manufacturer directly for warranty service. Any return of dry goods must be done so with a Return Authorization Number that you will receive when you call us regarding your issue. Do not simply return a dry good item without notifying us or you will void any guarantee. Most dry goods items we sell are done so on a drop-ship basis and we will not credit any shipping costs on returns. We are not responsible for any damage caused by shipping companies or incurred during shipping and handling. Credits for this reason must be directed to UPS, USPS or Fed Ex directly.
We will not be responsible for typographical errors, accuracy of information contained on this site, or any pricing errors. If a price is listed in error we reserve the right to cancel any sale. We reserve the right to cancel any order at any time for any reason.
By placing an order at our Store, Website or Frag Swap you automatically agree to these terms and conditions.